Wednesday 1 December 2010

Treasure?
















I found my old tea set in the loft recently. I love the the tatty box and was so excited to see what was inside. I could remember the box but not it's contents. Would the tea set be in there and what else might I find. Thankfully lurking in 1970's newspaper was a teapot, cups, saucers and a milk jug but disappointingly it doesn't look like the gorgeous box at all. I was hoping for a bright retro set that I could put on display, not the forgotten traditional set I'd found. It's nice and I do like it but the promise of the box made me hope for something more. Overall I think I did find treasure as I have a great box and pretty nice tea set and some great 1979 newspaper wrapping too !

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Fantastic newspaper. Look at those couples getting married! I'm assuming by the 'Girl broke car park barrier' story that it's a local paper? Either that or the Daily Mirror was having a slow news day...

ric-rac said...

Ha ha - yes it was the local rag. It was great finding the newspaper and have a trip down memory lane. In the TV listings you could see no daytime TV how weird is that? I wonder what the brides are doing now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...