Saturday 22 September 2012

Anna Karenina


Anna Karenina Poster
Anna's story is told in an unusual, quirky way through the use of stages in a theatre. It's also a must for the costume, beautiful sets (look out for the petrol blue damask room, it's divine) and tragic romance. With the screenplay by Tom Stoppard and direction by Joe Wright (Atonement - I looooooooooved that film), it promises great things and for me it delivered. It's a classic made brilliantly into a film. A perfect night out with the girls and pick'n'mix.

6 comments:

freckleface said...

Ooh I want to see that! x

ric-rac said...

Oh Tan you would love it. Big screen required defo. x

Nicola said...

It's on my list to see! Glad you enjoyed it.
Did you see the 2000 TV mini-series Anna Karenina with Helen McCrory and Kevin McKidd? It's brilliant!! And still my favourite. An absolute swoon-fest... x

ric-rac said...

No I didn't see that series. I might try and get the box set. I didn't find the actor that played Vronsky very yummy (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) which was disappointing as I was up for a swoon fest. In real life he's yummy so it maybe because he had a mustachio. Still really good though because it is so creative and a feast for the eyes, such a beautiful tragic film.

mrs cheese said...

It's on my 'to see' list too!
Looking forward to it
x

ric-rac said...

Enjoy it Mrs Cheese : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...