Sunday 11 August 2013

Rip it up and start again..........


















I have been using lots of old books lately to sketch, collage and work up ideas on. Yellowing paperback pages make great backgrounds for ideas. I just rip the pages out, I feel like a vandal but try and use books that are falling apart (I look in car boots and charity shops). Old worn out hardback books are great too as I make sketchbook with them by decorating the cover and painting the pages one by one to obscure the text making interesting deconstructed pages for ideas and drawings. A word of warning though. Make sure the book isn't too rude especially if you want to scan in, colour up and sell the designs. Don't make the mistake I did by having a cute dog dressed in text that quite frankly should have been XXX rated - oops!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...